If you would love to have straight teeth but don’t want to go through metal braces, Young Family Dental is here for you. Millions of adults now have the straight smile they always dreamed of, without having to wear metal brackets and wires for months. At Young Family Dental, we offer ClearCorrect™ Orthodontics. These invisible, removable aligners work over time to move your teeth into place — without the hassle of metal in your mouth. Read on to learn about the orthodontic treatment that is helping millions of adults get the straight smile they desire!
Who Needs Braces?
A common misconception is that braces are only for teenagers, but that’s not true. Those of any age with their permanent teeth in can benefit from braces. Braces have been proven to be a good way to straighten teeth and correct other orthodontic health issues. Signs you could be a good candidate for braces include:
- Early, late, or irregular loss of baby teeth
- Adult teeth that came in late or delayed
- Teeth that meet abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth are out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked-out teeth
- Missing or extra teeth
- An overbite or underbite
- Jaw shifting or making sounds, which could signify a developmental issue with your teeth and jawline
- Incorrect jaw position
- A disorder of the jaw joint
- Constantly biting the sides of your cheek or hitting the roof of your mouth
- Having a difficulty time chewing food
- Having to breathe through your mouth on a regular basis
Risks of Not Straightening Teeth
Cosmetic issues like crooked teeth or misaligned bite not only cause self-esteem problems, they can also affect your oral health. For example, misaligned teeth make it easier for bacteria to build up between teeth, which can put you at higher risk for both decay. Further, a misaligned bite can make it more difficult for you to chew and talk, or even lead to issues like teeth grinding, jaw, or neck pain.
Harvard Health explains that crowded or overlapping teeth can be difficult to clean, making tooth decay and gum disease more likely. Additionally, teeth that don’t come together properly when you close your jaws can result in chewing and swallowing problems. Not only that, but misalignment can also make it difficult for you to pronounce certain sounds and put excessive strain on the chewing muscles, leading to facial pain.
A good alternative to metal brackets and wires are the use of clear, virtually invisible, braces. ClearCorrect Orthodontics are custom removable aligners that work over time to shift your teeth into the correct position. Each patient that undergoes this type of orthodontic treatment gets an individual treatment plan to achieve a smile that is specific and healthy for them.
Benefits of ClearCorrect
Many adults don’t want to go through having to wear metal brackets and wires that come along with traditional braces, so they often forgo seeking orthodontic treatment. However, one of the biggest benefits of ClearCorrect orthodontics is that most people won’t even know you’re wearing anything over your teeth.
The list of benefits for ClearCorrect include:
- Discreet options for straightening your teeth slowly over time. These aligners are virtually invisible, so you can wear them without most people even noticing.
- Removable aligners for eating and cleaning. Cleaning metal braces can be difficult and take a lot of time. However, this aligner option easily allows you to remove your retainers while you eat. Further, you can also remove them for special events every now and then.
- Fewer visits to the dentist. When you first start your treatment, we will outline your entire plan and get you the aligners you need for your treatment. They will be switched at regular intervals, and you only have to come into the office once every four to six weeks to check your progress.
- Straighter, healthier teeth overtime, and less pain from misalignment. Additionally, you lessen your risk of decay when you practice good oral hygiene.
Get a Healthier Smile with Young Family Dental
The cosmetic dentists at Young Family Dental will create a unique treatment plan to help you achieve the straight, attractive smile you desire. If you are interested in ClearCorrect Orthodontics and want to learn if you are a good candidate for invisible braces, call any of our five Utah dental offices today. Conveniently located in West Jordan, Riverton, American Fork, Saratoga Springs, and Orem, we’re here for you! Schedule your complimentary consultation today to learn about how you could benefit from aligning your smile.