Emergency Dental Care
Dental emergencies can happen at any time. And when they do, it’s important that you get to the dentist as quickly as possible to prevent further damage. Emergency dental care is available at all five of the Young Family Dental clinics during our regular hours, including Saturdays at many of our locations.
Many people who need emergency dental care go to the nearest emergency room, but what you may not realize is that there are typically no dentists on staff or even on call at your local hospital or ER. Without the necessary skills and training to provide emergency dental care, the best an ER doctor can do is provide some pain relief and refer you to a dentist for follow-up care. You probably won’t get the care you need to address and fix your dental emergency, but you will still get a hefty ER bill.
Young Family Dental provides a broad range of emergency dental services for walk-in patients with issues including:
- Toothache — Pain that lasts several days or gets progressively worse should be treated right away.
- Knocked-out tooth — If possible, save the tooth and bring it with you to your appointment, because the dentist may be able to restore it. Hold it by the crown (the part you can normally see) and don’t try to scrub it or remove any fragments. If you can, put it in a small container with milk or saliva to transport it to the dentist.
- Chipped or broken tooth — Do not attempt to glue or restore your own tooth if it breaks or chips.
- Objects caught between the teeth — Call the dentist to discuss whether you should try to remove the object or come in and let the dentist remove it. If you are not sure, leave it in place until you arrive at our office.
- Partially dislodged (extruded) tooth — Cover your mouth to protect the tooth from permanently dislodgement and get to the dentist immediately.
- Damaged or lost crowns and bridges — Some damaged crowns and bridges can be repaired, so bring the damaged part with you if possible.
- Injury to the soft tissue in and around your mouth (tongue, cheeks, gums, lips) — These injuries may require surgical repair; if you are experiencing significant blood loss or a severe injury from an accident, go to the nearest emergency room.
- Lost filling(s) — Schedule an appointment or come into our clinic right away to replace a lost filling so you can avoid tooth decay or cavities in the exposed part of your tooth.
Five Convenient Emergency Dental Care Locations in Utah
We offer a wide range of services for walk-in and same-day dental emergencies at all of our five Utah County and South Salt Lake County clinic locations:
All our family dentists, cosmetic dentists, pediatric dentists and staff members are committed to providing exceptional dental care in an emergency. Getting treatment as soon as possible after a dental injury often leads to a better outcome and provides you with more options. Most dental injuries and illnesses don’t resolve on their own, and only lead to more difficult or painful oral health problems later.
For severe dental emergencies that occur after hours, or for other life-threatening injuries to your mouth and face, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room for immediate treatment.
“These guys are awesome! I had a tooth break on a Friday afternoon and they got me in right away! I’ve since seen 3 different dentists there and have no complaints. The office staff is incredible and friendly. I still am not a huge fan of going to the dentist, but this office has really helped alleviate my fears and dental anxiety. I would recommend them to anyone.”
I’ve known Dr. Chris for over 10 years, and my experience with him has been awesome. I got Invisalign with him to straighten my teeth, and it was incredible to have straight teeth! It was great, too, that I was an adult and I didn’t have to walk around with braces like a teenage weirdo. Chris and YFD are excellent, I highly recommend them.
Anne Marie Gross referred me to your office and has had nothing but great things to say about you! I am looking forward to scheduling an appointment soon!
Deron Gross- when I went to young family dental they treated me very nicely and took great care of me:) appreciate all the work they’ve done:)
I took both my 8 year old and 3 year old daughters there, and it was great experience from beginning to end. It was the first time for my 3 year old (don’t judge me ?) Jacqueline was great at making it a fun experience for her. Jessica helped take care of my 8 year old who had some infection on a tooth she had worked on a while ago. And the dentist was great too. Overall, everyone was friendly, everything was clean, and at the end I had a credit on my account that I didn’t know was there which was an added bonus.
Young Family Dental Riverton employs the latest technology and procedures. The staff is always friendly and make you feel comfortable.
Everything they do is on time and as scheduled. They send you reminders for your appointments. They are great. My entire family goes to Young Family Dental Riverton.
I love young family dental! Their assistants are great and make me feel comfortable which is important to me because I don’t like going to the dentist. The dentists are very informative and make me feel at ease as well. They take extra time and care to make sure you fully understand what is being done and what needs to be done. If you need a check up, a cleaning, or work done stop or call young family in Riverton Utah, they are great!!
I love working here.. The dentists, hygienists, and assistants are awesome!!!